- The Cardinals have placed Skip Schumaker on the 15 day disabled list and have activated Allen Craig from the DL. Skip is a crucial part of this team and it goes unnoticed. This will hurt the team a lot more than the naked eye can see.
- The Cardinals have also shook up their bullpen sending Chuckie Fick and Brandon Dickson to AAA Memphis and have recalled Makiel Cleto and left-hander Sam Freeman. Both are hard throwers although Freeman is recovering from Tommy John Surgery. Freeman will give Mike Matheny much more freedom with the bullpen since he’s left-handed. Now he could use Freeman early in the game and Rzepczynski in later spots.
- Freeman was just recently recalled to AAA Memphis and only pitched in six innings. You could say he’s on a fast track to the majors, no?
- Bernie Miklasz pointed this out on his radio show on 101 ESPN. When Matheny left Rzepczynski in to face eight consecutive Atlanta batters, do you think that could’ve been a message sent towards Mr. Mozeliak. This move happened right after that. It’s something to think about.
- I’m interested to see the reaction Carlos Beltran gets from the Mets in his return to New York. Beltran is one of the best players in Mets’ history hitting .280 in his time there, but what most fans remember him for is him ending game 7 of the 2006 NLCS by watching possibly the nastiest curveball ever thrown drop in for strike three from Adam Wainwright.